In this episode of @CoachingThruIt, Julie & Laura chat about how they are weaving their own personalities and style into coaching session, plus they share their opening and closing coaching questions.
Coaching Opening Questions:
- How are you coming into our conversation today?
- What’s going on in your world?
- How are you landing into the call?
- What’s on your mind?
- What’s your story?
Removing the “advising” from our coaching with the following things:
- Open-ended questions
- Questions without judgement
- Non-leading questions
- Ask one question -- and let your client talk
- Tell me more…
- Can you give me an example of… ?
- What do you mean by… ?
- The wandering conversation
- Asking more intentional and interesting questions
End of a Session Coaching Questions:
- Do you think that we accomplished what we set out to do?
- What are you leaving here with?
- How are you feeling as you walk out the door?
- What are you leaving this session that is most useful for you today?
- What’s one thing have you learned from today?
- What are you going to think about from today’s coaching session?
- What’s resonating with you now?
The Coaching Habit by Michael Bungay Stanier
Coach to Coach Katie Linder
Want to learn more about coaching? Have a question or topic we should discuss? Let us know!
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Music credit: The song reCreation by airtone has been remixed under a CC-BY license.